Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Strong and Mighty Tri

Driving from the 1/4 mile swim to the Bike
On the bike ride (self portrait)
My strongest event, the bike!

3 mile run, amazing!
Waiting for my friends........
Kim and I at the end.  It was an amazing day all in all.  I trained for all of this but still had doubts about whether I could actually do it.  I beat my swimming time by 1 and 1/2 minutes.  I am not a swimmer so I used a kick board for 3 laps and faked it for the other 7.  But I DID it!  The bike was my favorite because I love biking.  I booked it and loved every minute of it.  11 miles was a cinch.  The run was the hardest but only because my calves burned like crazy for the first 15 minutes and I had just swam and biked.  I did not run the whole time, but ran more than I walked.  I was totally amazed that I ran for that long.  Our bodies are amazing.    Can't wait to do another one!

No comments: