Monday, August 29, 2011

My Garden ROCKS!

I know not everyone is a gardener,  But look at this yummy produce!
This is enough for me to be happy for weeks.  
I love pulling carrots up, you never know what you are gonna get!
I lost one of my yellow squash plants to powdery mildew.  But now I know that if you spray the leaves with 1 part milk to 9 parts water once a week it prevents the mildew.  
I also discovered that pole beans taste so much sweeter than bush beans.  
Beans grow well in Oregon.  
I transplanted my baby romaine lettuces and then covered them with sheer fabric.  AMAZING!  Even on an almost 90 degree day they aren't fried and wilted.  I cannot wait to plant winter carrots and cabbages.  I'm gonna cover those cabbages with netting and keep the bugs out!

1 comment:

Daisha said...

I'm trying to put together a little prescool co-op where the moms take turns teaching the kiddos in their home. I'm looking for more who would like to join!

I was thinking Deacon was preschool age, but not sure. If you don't already have him in preschool and would like to join us let me know (spread the word to any friends who might be interested too)

Thanks- Daisha
daishajohnson@gmail.com