Monday, March 31, 2008

bunnies.... eggs....???

Easter was coming and you know what that means.... Bunnies and eggs! It is one hard holiday to teach our children it is really about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. We ask our children, "Why does the Easter Bunny come?" They answer, "Because we deserve it." All parents know what I am talking about. So among all the hub bub of eggs and bunnies the true meaning of Easter is the FACT that Jesus Christ was resurrected.... and because he was resurrected we know that we too can be resurrected. That is amazing! So why do we celebrate The BIRTH of Jesus all month long, but the RESURRECTION for only a weekend? I guess that is a question for Commercialized Businesses. As my Dad said, "Hello! You can only buy so much chocolate! The stores know that."
First, on Friday, we went to the Mall to see the Pagan Easter Bunny. Then on Saturday we dyed and hunted eggs. Do not ask me why bunnies and eggs go together. I guess bunnies and chickens are friends. When I told Strong Man we were going to Nanna and Papa's to dye easter eggs he looked at me funny and said, "You mean we are gonna kill them?"




Then on Sunday, After the Easter Bunny hid baskets, we got dressed in our Sunday best and went to church. Nick and Gina were blessing our adorable nephew, Drake, so we went to Sacrament in their ward and then went to primary and sharing time in our own ward. Church was awesome. It was more about Christ than about Bunnies and I liked that a lot! The spirit was thick in primary, even with little bodies full of chocolate. We finished off the day at my parents where we had, yes another egg hunt, and egg rolls. Very appropriate don't you think?




This little family of ours is why Easter is so important...... we will be together forever!

Who wouldn't want to be able to see and kiss these adorable faces forever?

I am grateful for the Resurrection!

2 comments:

Shiara said...

After scrap booking group, I just had to view your blog!...Your family is really cute! I told my husband about your son's breakfast and he thought that was so funny! Next time, you should blog a picture of his meal creations!

Wolfpack said...

Hope you had a happy easter. The top picture looks like strong man may share your feelings about the easter bunny! I love the picture of the kids in sunday best so so cute!! Keep them coming!